There’s a reason why color race-runs are widely known as the world’s happiest 5k. Not only are they fun races designed for runners of all skill levels, but the use of vibrantly hued color powder kicks the fun factor up a notch and makes for a memorable experience for participants. The events themselves are a celebration of happiness and healthiness and are the largest running events in the world. Experienced by more than six million runners around the globe, color race-run events have taken place in over 35 countries and counting. That said, 2018 is expected to be a busy, fun-filled year for color race-run events, but where will the races take place this year? Let’s find out.
Color Race-Run Event Schedule:
- May 30: Kansas City, MO
- May 30: Seattle, WA
- May 30: Austin, TX
- May 30: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- May 19: Fayetteville, NC
- May 26: San Jose, CA
- June 9: Hershey, PA
- June 9: Louisville, KY
- June 16: Sacramento, CA
- June 17: Chicago, IL
- June 23: Los Angeles, CA
- June 30: Denver, CO
- July 8: Twin Cities, MN
- July 14: Washington, D.C.
- July 14: Omaha, NE
- July 21: Columbus, OH
- July 28: Grand Rapids, MI
- August 11: Philadelphia, PA
- August 18: Bay Area, CA
- September 15: New York City, NY
The above list is a schedule of official color race-run events. However, all around the globe, color race-runs are hosted by organizations and businesses as fundraisers or special events to foster a sense of community or just to have a good time. Some of the most anticipated color race-run events for 2018 include the following:
- The Dream Big in Color 5K Fun Run 2018: This event is hosted by the Quincy Public High School in Quincy, Illinois.
- Race to Build Color Race-Run: This event benefits the Habitat for Humanity of Greater San Francisco and is designed for runners of all ages.
- The Paris Color Race-Run: This event takes place along a route passing the Hotel de Ville and other sites and ends at the Eiffel Tower.
- The Race with Grace Annual Family 5K Color Race-Run: Scheduled to take place in the Harvest neighborhood of Texas, this event will benefit Grace Like Rain, Inc., a nonprofit ministry serving families of Denton County.
- The 5K Hero Color Race-Run/1 Mile Walk: The event is scheduled for June 23 and will take place in Clarkston, MI.
- CORD Color Race-Run 2018: This event is hosted by CORD USA Raleigh, a chapter of CORD USA, a non-profit organization. The color race-run is scheduled for June 10 and will take place in Cary, North Carolina, at the WakeMed Soccer Park.
These are only a few of the exciting color race-runs scheduled for 2018. Typically, registering for these events is simple and often includes a race kit. Have you ever participated in a color race-run? If not, what are you waiting for? Register for a run today.